Due to COVID-19, the UMBC physical campus is closed and staff are working remotely.
During this period, official electronic PDF and EDI transcripts remain available as outlined below. The electronic PDF option is the best and fastest mechanism for providing your official transcript even during normal business operations. Paper transcripts for mail or pickup will be unavailable during this time.
In the meantime, please submit any questions you may have HERE and be assured that we will work with you in the best way possible to ensure that you obtain your transcript.
UMBC has authorized Parchment Exchange to provide official transcripts in electronic or paper format. The best is $8.00 for an electronic or paper transcript to be paid by credit or debit card when you place your order. See link to Parchment below.
- Official Electronic/PDF Transcript: This is the quickest way, delivered within an hour, to any e-mail address that you provide.
- EDI (Electronic Data Interface) Transcript: For academic purposes only (i.e. graduate school application), an EDI transcript can be sent directly to a Maryland public two-year or Maryland four-year institution.
- Official Paper Transcript: Send to a mailing address or available for Pick Up at the Registrar’s Office. Paper transcripts are mailed to a mailing address you have provided through USPS and it usually takes 5 to 7 business days to receive the transcript.
- Transcripts for Centralized Application Services (CAS) Organizations: Centralized Application Services, (CAS), has provided us with a secure email to which we will send your official transcript. We will send you a response once your transcript has been sent via our secure link to the CAS organization.
- What you should do: Order a PDF transcript electronically. Select yourself as the recipient, and use your personal email address. If you have a CAS letter, please upload it as an attachment to your order. After you have placed the order, notify UMBC’s Records Team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include the following: name of CAS Organization (i.e. SOPHAS, AMCAS, LSAC, PharmCAS, etc.), your full name, and Campus ID if available. Contact the CAS Organization to confirm receipt of your document after you receive confirmation that your transcript was sent. As per CAS, will take up to 15 days to process and confirm receipt of your transcript.
Click the link below to order an official transcript:
Ordering In-Person at the Registrar’s Office
Come to the Registrar’s Office and pick up a Transcript Ordering Form. Take the form over to Student Business Services and make your payment of $8.00 per copy.