Undergraduate students in their final semester of coursework are eligible to apply for graduation. Before you apply, please read our preparing for graduation guide.
Students apply for undergraduate graduation online through myUMBC. All graduation candidates are reviewed by both the academic departments and the Registrar’s Office. Students are notified by email of their initial graduation status mid-semester.
You may apply online for graduation during the following dates:
- Spring Graduation: December 1st through February 15th
- Summer Graduation: May 1st through June 15th
- Fall Graduation: August 1st through September 15th
Graduate Students should contact the Graduate School for information about their graduation application and process.
All undergraduate graduation candidates are reviewed by both the academic departments and the Registrar’s Office. Students are notified via their UMBC email address of their initial graduation status mid-semester. Students may receive one of the following statuses:
- Pending – Student is currently enrolled in or has met all requirements, and will be eligible to graduate at the end of the semester pending successful completion of all coursework. Student is also eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony
- Not Eligible – Student is missing one or more requirements, and will not graduate at the end of the semester. Student is not eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony
All undergraduate students are reviewed for a final time after transcripts are updated at the conclusion of the semester. Students are notified via their UMBC email address of their final graduation status. Students may receive one of the following statuses:
- Graduated – Student’s degree has been posted to their record
- Denied – Student did not graduate. The email will specify which requirements are missing, and what the student’s next steps should be
Diplomas are not distributed at commencement ceremonies. Diplomas are mailed to undergraduate students after final graduation reviews have finished, and degrees have been posted to student records.
Students can update their mailing address on myUMBC under their profile. Graduation candidates are encouraged to ensure their mailing addresses are up to date.
Graduate Students should contact the Graduate School for information about their diploma.