The Transfer Credit Report provides students with a comprehensive view of their transfer coursework, and how the coursework has been articulated to UMBC. Each student’s report is broken down into two sections:
- Course Credits – Courses taken from another academic institution; each academic institution is listed separately
- Test Credits – Credit received from AP, IB, or CLEP exams
Students can see how their transfer credit has been applied to their major, minor, certificate, general education, and graduation requirements via the Degree Audit advising tool, also located on myUMBC under the student profile.
Understanding the Transfer Credit Report
Next to each course on your Transfer Credit Report, you will see one of three possible statuses:
- Posted – The course has been articulated and applied to your academic record, and is reflected on your transcript.
- Non Trans – The course is not transferable to UMBC.
- INFO NEEDED – In order for the course to be properly articulated, more information is needed such as the course syllabus or catalog description. Students must submit the needed information, along with a completed Course Description Review form to the Registrar’s Office.