Transfer Services

Our mission is to provide prospective, incoming, and current undergraduate UMBC students with exemplary transfer services. As part of the Registrar’s Office, Transfer Services ensures the integrity of course evaluations, maintains course articulation databases, and provides pre-transfer evaluations. Our team diligently serves UMBC’s academic departments and students with strict adherence to state law and federal laws.

For detailed information, please review the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Student Guide to Transfer Among Maryland Colleges & Universities and Transfer Policies and Student Guide to Transfer among Maryland Colleges and Universities.

Specific to UMBC, the Policy on the Awarding of Undergraduate Transfer Credit articulates the standards for the assessment and awarding of undergraduate transfer credit including academic credit for coursework earned at other institutions, competency-based education, and military training, experience, education, and coursework.

International Transfer Students

For information regarding continuing university study for international transfer students, please refer to Undergraduate Admissions.

Graduate Students

For information regarding the transfer of graduate courses, please refer to the Graduate Catalog.