Submitting Transcripts

Below is information for transferring coursework to UMBC:

All applicants, newly admitted students (prior to attending orientation), and potential readmit/reinstated students, must submit the transcript to Undergraduate Admissions:

UMBC Office of Undergraduate Admissions

1000 Hilltop Circle Baltimore, MD 21250

An official transcript is a complete representation of a student’s academic record. It includes all courses attempted, including those withdrawn from and those repeated. It also includes any degrees or certificates awarded. UMBC accepts official transcripts sealed in an unopened envelope with the registrar’s signature stamped across the seal, or electronic transcripts delivered securely through an organization authorized by UMBC. Transcripts received that do not meet these requirements are not considered official.

Evaluations will not be posted to Transfer Credit Reports prior to admission.

The Registrar’s Office accepts official transcripts for current UMBC students. Official transcripts must be sealed, and can either be mailed to our office or hand-delivered from students to:

UMBC Registrar’s Office
1000 Hilltop Circle
Sherman Hall, Room 221 B-Wing
Baltimore, Maryland 21250

Official copies of PDF transcripts can be emailed to

Note: A forwarded email from students is not an acceptable format. Electronic (EDI) transcripts are processed by Undergraduate Admissions, and then routed to Registrar’s Office.

Non-degree seeking students should send transcripts to:

UMBC Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, Maryland 21250

While transcripts are not required for visiting student admission, some instructors may request an unofficial transcript if the course has pre- or co-requisite requirements. Visit the Undergraduate Admissions website for more about Non-degree Seeking and Visiting Student Admission.

All Graduate School applicants, admits, and currents students must submit the transcript to the Graduate School.

For information regarding continuing university study for international transfer students, please refer to Undergraduate Admissions.

Translated, official transcripts for international coursework must be accompanied by a course-by-course evaluation from Education Credential Evaluation (ECE), Educational Perspectives, Foreign Credential Services of America, or World Education Services (WES).

Official Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores are sent to the UMBC Office of Undergraduate Admissions so that appropriate credit may be awarded. Please include UMBC’s CODE (5835) in the request.

For information regarding transfer credit policies, AP, CLEP, IB, and UMBC-administered departmental examinations, please refer to the UMBC Undergraduate Catalog.