Skip to Main Content

Continuing Student Checklist

This checklist is for those students who have completed at least one semester at UMBC while using their military education benefits at UMBC.

NOTE: Returning students need to submit the Request for Certification each semester that they are enrolled in classes.

1. Register for Classes

2. Submit your Request for Certification. You will submit this form to us with your “Certificate of Eligibility” once you have registered for classes for the upcoming semester.  It can be found at or linked HERE

3.  If you change the number of credits that you have registered for, you will need to resubmit your Request for Certification with your updated credits. Please submit this form AS SOON AS you change your schedule to avoid debts from the VA.