Enrollment & Degree Verification
Students, alumni, and previous students may require verification of their enrollment and full-time or part-time status and degree verification for jobs, insurance, loans or a variety of other services and programs. As such, UMBC has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse as its provider of enrollment and degree verification information.
- Log onto MyUMBC
- Under the Topics drop-down menu, select Classes & Grades
- At the bottom of the screen, select the Enrollment/Degree Verification link.
- On the subsequent page, follow the Student Self Service link.
This will take current students to the National Student Clearinghouse website where they have the following options of free services:
- Print a free certificate of enrollment that can be forwarded to a health insurance provider, housing provider, credit issuer, or other student services providers. Certificates of enrollment may include the following information:
- Current Enrollment Data*
- Full-time / Part-time Status
- Term Begin and End Dates
- All Enrollment Data
- Dates of attendance at UMBC
- Full-time/Part-time Status
- Current Enrollment Data*
- View enrollment information that may have been provided to a student services provider.
- View the electronic notification and deferment forms that have been sent to lenders, service providers or guarantors.
- View a list of your lenders and link to real-time student loan information detail, such as principle balance and next payment due date that some lenders provide.
Current students may also request Enrollment Verification by completing the Enrollment Verification Form and submitting it to the Registrar’s Office (Fee Associated). *Current Enrollment Data will NOT be available until the first day of classes of each term.
Previous Students and Alumni
Third parties (prospective employers or other agencies) can verify the degree(s) that you earned from UMBC by contacting the National Student Clearinghouse at 703-742-4200 or by visiting the website: www.degreeverify.org. Alumni can also request a verification of degree directly by visiting the same website: www.degreeverify.org. Current students and alumni can also request an official transcript that includes a notation of degrees awarded as well as semester and cumulative grade point averages and course information. This is completed on the Registrar’s Office website by following the Request a Transcript link. If you require additional information that is not available on your transcript or from the National Student Clearinghouse, you can request this directly from the Registrar’s Office.
Fees Associated with these Services
Official Transcript fee
|$8 per transcript|
|* Free for currently enrolled students if requested online through myUMBC.*$2.50 – If requested online through the National Student Clearinghouse. * $5.00 – If requested through the Registrar’s Office.|
|* $8.50 – For Corporate Clients if requested online through the National Student Clearinghouse.* $10.00 – For students and non-corporate clients if requested online through the National Student Clearinghouse. * $15.00 – If requested through the Registrar’s Office|
Replacement diploma fee
Overnight shipping fee**
|Inquire with the Registrar’s office|
Document Retrieval fee
|$25 per document. (This fee will be incurred for items such as catalog course descriptions that are not available online. Other examples include, but are not limited to, any requests for archival data related to student records.)|
* Price contingent upon use of priority service versus two-day service. ** This fee is in addition to other fees required for the document in question.